In the summer, the hot sun can be devastating to skin. This is the time of year when more lines and wrinkles seem to appear, as well as freckles and sun spots. The sun ages your skin, and if you are proactive about your skin care routine, you can at least delay the aging process a little longer.
Southwest Plastic Surgery of El Paso and Las Cruces does have high end skin care products that can help you combat the damage, such as the high quality Colorescience Sunscreens that are designed for your face. However, what can you do to bring your face to its optimal condition after the damage has been done?
We have a number of non-invasive cosmetic procedures to help bring your face back to a “new-like” condition.
These are 7 Ways You Can Rejuvenate Your Face This Summer (or any time of year, for that matter!)…
- Injectables: Fillers can be used to restore volume or fill in the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, brow area, laugh lines and other visible areas of your face. We have a number of popular Juvederm Ultra fillers, Botox, Belotero Balance, Radiesse and Xeomin that the surgeon will precisely place in the areas of desired volume.
- Ultherapy: For those who want the look of a facelift, yet without spending the time that is required to recover from a facelift surgery, the Ultherapy is a groundbreaking procedure that stimulates collagen production while progressively tightening, lifting and improving the skin tone. It works by pulsating ultrasound and has been hailed as the “Uplift” of facelifts within the cosmetic industry.
- Chemical Peels: Another more traditional method of treating aging skin is through a chemical peel. Through this treatment, the outermost layer of skin is peeled to reveal a new, renewed layer underneath. This helps patients who have hyper-pigmented skin, or fine lines, dull skin, scars or severe acne redness and scarring. Patients can choose a light peel or a deep peel, although the latter requires longer healing time and it is recommended to stay out of the sun for some time after.
- Microdermabrasion: Much like the chemical peel, microdermabrasion removes the dull, top layer of skin by literally scraping away the dead skin cells. It stimulates new collagen production to give you healthier, smoother skin underneath.
- Kybella: This new procedure is one of the most recently added to Southwest Plastic Surgery’s MedSpa services. It specifically targets the “double chin” or turkey neck and remove the extra submental fat on your chin; literally melting the fat away. Kybella is safe and FDA approved as an injection specifically for the chin fat, which once removed, can help you look years younger. Southwest Plastic Surgery is one of the first to offer Kybella in El Paso and Kybella in Las Cruces.
- Dermaglow LED Therapy: Ever since we introduced LED therapy to Southwest Plastic Surgery, the results seen by our patients have been outstanding. It uses soft light to remove or eliminate many skin discolorations or conditions, such as facial blemishes, hyper-pigmentation, acne scars, sun spots and more. The intense, multi-frequency light is a comfortable alternative for people who do not want to go through facelift surgery.
- Sciton Skin Laser Treatments: The Sciton laser is the best in the industry, at least for today. It has an ability to treat a multitude of issues, such as age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, crows feet, blotchiness, and more. Patients see a reduction in pigmentation, as well as fading of sun damage and overall improved complexion. The Sciton Skin Laser offers a dramatic renewal of your skin.
Ask us today how we can help you look your best for summer with many of our non-invasive, non-surgical facial solutions. Put your best face forward and feel good about putting your “best face forward” when it matters most!