Thigh Lift, Make Heads Turn. . .
Have you ever been conscious of people staring at you when you go for a walk? Or perhaps when you take a jog in the hopes of keeping yourself in top shape? More importantly, are you afraid to wear shorts in public? If you feel like your legs are the reason you get stared at when you take a walk in the Sun City of El Paso, then Southwest Plastic Surgery can give you the emancipation of your lifetime.
Women, more commonly than men, tend to develop flabby fat deposits in their legs, and especially their thighs, which become quite noticeable over time. This is because they have more cellulite in their lower bodies. With an El Paso thigh lift, you can give your legs the firm, supple appearance you always wanted them to have. Give them what they deserve. After all, who wouldn’t want to have legs that make people think you are a Grand Slam winning tennis star?
Thigh Lift Techniques
Now that your interest has been piqued, it’s time to take a look at what a thigh lift exactly is. A thigh lift is essentially a procedure by which the excess skin or fat deposits which accumulate on the inner or outer thigh are removed. The result is a shapelier, firmer thigh, with a more elegant contour. A thigh lift may be used in conjunction with a liposuction to enhance the overall appearance of your upper leg.
At Southwest Plastic Surgery, award winning, board certified Doctor Frank Agullo understands your needs very well. He is the expert when it comes to your desire to look as beautiful and youthful as you can.
According to him, typical candidates for a ‘thighplasty’ surgery have excessive deposits of skin and fatty tissue in their medial or inner thighs which may be due to any number of the following reasons:
- They have experienced weight loss or undergone bariatric surgery, i.e. a full body contour, to improve the appearance of your entire body. A thigh lift may be needed in this case to maintain evenness in your curves and contours.
- They have gained weight due to a slowing metabolic rate which occurs naturally with aging.
- They lead generally sedentary lifestyles, aspects of which could be related to their employment which sometimes forces people to remain seated for large portions of the day.
- Their workout has not been as effective in reducing the fat on their legs as other parts of their body.
- They are healthy, non-smoking people, who are committed to leading healthy lifestyles.
- They just want to look good and cannot stand loose flaccid skin on their legs and thighs!
Whatever you feel is the reason you need a thighplasty, the surgeon at Southwest Plastic Surgery is there to help you, and he has the credentials to prove his expertise. He was educated at the famous Mayo Clinic in Rochester and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Any doubts or fears you might have about getting a thigh lift will surely be alleviated when you schedule a consultation at Southwest Plastic Surgery, and Dr. Agullo will tell you everything you need to know. Although based primarily in El Paso, Texas, Southwest Plastic Surgery also serves several cities in West Texas including Amarillo, Horizon City, Midland and Odessa. In the state of New Mexico, the cities include, Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Albuquerque, Silver City and Ruidoso. The practice also caters to the cities of Chihuahua and Ciudad Juarez in Northern Mexico.
Procedure and Preparation for Thigh Lift
When you do come for a consultation with the surgeon, you will have taken a massive step towards your goal of a youthful and beautiful body, and enhanced self esteem. Don’t worry if English is not your first language or your most comfortable means of communication because the surgeon at Southwest Plastic Surgery speaks both Spanish and English fluently.
If you and your surgeon are in agreement and you feel that a thigh lift is right for you, then you will first be informed about how to prepare for the surgery. You may want to go to your primary physician to have your general health assessed. Based on the advice of Dr. Agullo,, you should:
- take a leave from your employment for a few weeks
- ask for the help of a friend or a family member in arranging for your transport, changing your dressing, etc.
- discontinue smoking at least two weeks prior to the surgery, to prevent slow healing and minimize the chances of stroke and heart problems
- avoid drugs such as herbal medicines, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin as these may increase bleeding
- store towels, bandages, gauze and peroxide close to you as you may need them after the surgery
- avoid eating anything after midnight on the night before the surgery
Dr. Agullo also stresses that he should be made aware of any existing health conditions you may have and any prescription medication you might be on. He promotes a friendly atmosphere and encourages you to ask questions to quell any ambiguity which clouds your mind, since individualized patient care is his primary concern.
On the day of your scheduled procedure, you will be given general anesthesia. The surgeon will then make the appropriate incision. The El Paso thigh lift procedure can be performed in several ways, depending on your requirements. There are primarily four methods that are adopted by Southwest Plastic Surgery. These are:
Option 1: Medial Thigh Lift
This is the most common thighplasty procedure chosen. The incision extends from the groin around the hip to the crease of the buttocks, and excessive skin and fatty tissue is removed from the groin to the knee.
Option 2: Extended Thigh Lift
This technique, which is also known as vertical thighplasty, involves making a vertical incision at the groin which extends to the inner knee. Circumferential deposits of excessive skin and fatty tissue are best removed by this procedure.
Option 3: Lateral Thigh Lift or Flankplasty
This is a complex procedure which usually involves re-contouring the buttocks and outer thighs through the removal of fatty tissue and excess skin. The incision is made at the groin and moves around to the hip region.
Option 4: Spiral lift
This procedure, which is also known as a total thigh lift, improves the medial, lateral, anterior and posterior thighs, as well as the buttock contour by lifting and enlarging of the gluteal area.
After removal of the skin and tissue, the incision will be closed and sutured. Dr. Agullo takes the utmost care to ensure that the scar left after the surgery is minimized and is barely visible. After the surgery, you may have to spend some time in the hospital for monitoring. Certain patients often want to combine their thighplasty with other treatments which may include one of the following:
- Lower Body Lift – This tightens and re-contours the buttocks, thighs and lower body by smoothing out cellulite and fat stores.
- Tummy Tuck – Another very common treatment, which is used to remove fat and skin from the belly to give it a more supple and healthy appearance.
- Liposuction – This procedure removes excess fat from skin folds and fat stores using a suction device.
Recovery Period and Risks for Thigh Lift Procedures
If you are keen on getting a thigh lift, but are daunted by the thought of a painful recovery or the risks of such a procedure, then rest assured, you will be in the capable hands of Dr. Agullo. He has won numerous awards for his excellent practice, and has performed numerous procedures of this sort over his splendid career. He will give you specific instruction on how to prepare for the recovery period and what to expect.
Your condition in the recovery period will depend largely on the type of procedure you opt for. You may experience pain or soreness based on the amount of skin removed, your age and body size. According to Dr. Agullo, most patients recover quickly after the surgery, typically within one or two days, and after a few weeks you will be in prime condition, with a set of legs that Barbie would be jealous of! It is also recommended that you remain active to improve blood flow through your thighs.
Although with Dr. Agullo’s expertise on your side, the risk of complications is quite low, you still need to be aware of them. While most people recover from thighplasty normally, some might experience:
- stroke and/or blood clots
- infections (although you will be given antibiotics to prevent this)
- anesthesia related risks
- improper healing of scars
Again, these complications are rare and Southwest Plastic Surgery takes every precaution to ensure that your surgery is performed in keeping with the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
Thigh Lift Costs
The cost of a thigh lift is dependant on the type of specific procedure you prefer, the type of anesthesia and length of hospital stay, but generally, the cost varies between $7,000 – $10,000. This value may also increase if you choose to have another surgery performed in conjunction with a thigh lift. During your initial consultation at Southwest Plastic Surgery, your surgeon will be more than happy to give you an estimate of the total cost, as well as the procedure which is best suited to your needs.