3 Minute Read:
While not every man understands exactly what botulinum toxins are, most are familiar with the name BOTOX®. BOTOX® is synonymous with cosmetic treatments and is the most commonly performed cosmetic treatment every year by far. Most are familiar with this injection as an anti-aging option: a non-surgical treatment that helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead.
However, that is just one piece of the much larger puzzle that is BOTOX® and other botulinum toxin treatments.
Botulinum toxins (BoNT) are not simply reserved to help you look younger. Instead, they have varied applications (including migraine relief, excessive sweating relief, treatment for eye spasms, and more). One of the lesser discussed benefits, however, is treatment for sexual health concerns, including erectile dysfunction.
How to Use Injectables for Male Enhancement?
While many men feel uncomfortable discussing sexual health concerns like erectile dysfunction, scrotal tightness, or dissatisfaction with penis size, these concerns often weigh heavy on their mind.
And that makes sense. Sexual health has strong connections to overall health, and whether you struggle getting or maintaining erections, experience pain, or simply feel self-conscious about your appearance, it can negatively impact your health and quality of life.
Fortunately, treatment is easier than you may think. BoNT injections can significantly help with male enhancement. These simple injectable treatments can:
- Help you achieve and maintain stronger erections
- Treat hard flaccid syndrome, where the penis remains in a semi-erect state
- Increase penis size (both the length and girth)
- Correct scrotal tightness
- Correct penis shrinkage
By treating the above concerns, men can improve their self-confidence and help them get more out of life.
How Does BoNT Help ED and Sexual Health Conditions?
Botulinum toxins like BOTOX®, Dysport®, XEOMIN®, and Jeuveau® work by relaxing the muscles. This is exactly what is needed to treat many male sexual health conditions.
- For erectile dysfunction: When BoNT is injected, it relaxes the muscles of the vessel walls, which increases blood flow and volume. This means a healthier erection. In treatment studies, 95% of patients reported improvement to the quality of their erections.
- For hard flaccid syndrome: Much like treatment for ED, BoNT helps to relax the smooth muscles in the blood vessels that carry blood to the penis. This helps to increase blood flow, which shows significant promise in treating hard flaccid syndrome.
- For scrotal tightness: Scrotal tightness, retraction, or bunching occurs when the dartos muscle enlarges. This can cause testicular pain and an unusual appearance. Yet again, BoNT injections relax the muscle, which releases scrotal tightness.
- To increase penis size: BoNT injections increase blood flow and relaxes the muscles that cause the penis to retract. This helps the penis attain more length and girth. Dr. Agullo also offers other injectable treatments for penis enlargement/enhancement.
Is BoNT the Right Treatment for Your ED?
Complications with erectile dysfunction or any of the above concerns can lead to lasting physical and emotional issues. BoNT injections can help. While BoNT for sexual health treatments are still relatively new (and not yet FDA approved), many men have found significant relief and improvement.